The Best Way to Import OLM into Apple Mail
To import OLM into Apple Mail, all you can do is convert it into MBOX file / Apple Mail Mailbox using third-party tools. Such tools are affluent on web, but the ones that truly work are few.
You can archive all your Mac Outlook data to Olm file for multiple reasons: backup, migration, and such. However, OLM file cannot be used to migrate to any other program that doesn’t support the format. For instance, Apple Mail only uses MBOX file and wouldn’t recognize OLM files.
Thankfully, there are companies that develop friendly tools to migrate data without data losses. One such company is USL Software and is currently the leading source of excellent email migration tools. For OLM into Apple Mail export, they have come up with their own tool called “OLM Extractor Pro,” which is considered the most preferred tool by experts.
The tool outruns all other conventional tools in this category through leading data conversion algorithms and a forward approach to user interface designing. Not only has USL Software beaten the data loss issue with this OLM to MBOX conversion, but has also made “OLM Extractor Pro” the most fitting for beginners.
Here are some of the top features it has to offer:
- Batch Conversion – The tool allows you to convert multiple OLM files at once.
- Folder Preview – All folders inside the OLM files are displayed as soon as you select them.
- Folder selection – from the preview, you can even select or remove the folders as you desired. You can even filter them according to the types (Mails, contacts, and calendar entries), or ignore all empty folders to dismiss them from the conversion.
- Multiple Output formats – this article is concerned only to OLM to Apple Mail (MBOX) migration. But it’s worth informing that the tool can convert OLM to many other formats, including Entourage, Thunderbird, Postbox, and EML files.
- Read & Unread Emails – You can choose to save all the read and unread emails in separate folders in the output files after conversion.
- Merge contacts – You can merge all contacts per folder into a single VCF file. VCF file is a virtual contact file that stores contact information and is compatible with many apps and programs, including android phones.
- Merge calendar files – You can merge all the entries from calendar per folder into a single ICS file. ICS file is a native file format for ‘iCal’ app from Apple but is also compatible with many other calendar apps.
The list of features above clearly indicates the functionality and flexibility of the tool. From a complete beginner to an expert, anyone can use the tool with efficiency and convert data according to their needs.
Here are some features you need to know:
- Non-English text – Languages like Chinese, Korean, and Japanese are encoded with DBCS character set. There are many other languages that do not use ASCII encoding standards. Only “OLM Extractor Pro” can safely convert these non-English characters from OLM to Apple Mail MBOX format.
- Folder Hierarchy – you probably arrange all your emails in folders and sub-folders. Imaging losing this folder hierarchy. It could be devastating, and yet many tools don’t consider the important of how you have arranged your folders originally and completely make a mess of it during migration. Not “OLM Extractor Pro.” It has a unique calibration system that keeps the hierarchy like original.
- Other items – There are other small details and metadata that is crucial to any email database, such as, headers, sender and receiver IDs, email images embedded within bodies, nested messages, Subject line, time and date stamps. All such information is at high risk during migration and may end up damaged. “OLM Extractor Pro” detailed scanning analysis of files and multi-phase extraction algorithms safeguard such information bits and properly arrange them in output MBOX files.
To Import OLM into Apple Mail – try it now!
Only “OLM Extractor Pro” is capable of professional data export / import OLM into Apple Mail. Do not wait another minute to give it a shot and try it in person. Download the free setup here.